We currently have the following vacancies opening for application.
Job Position: Part-time Church Administrator
The appointee will be seconded to East London Alliance Church (ELAC)* located in Deptford, London.
Job duties include to –
- Assist the pastor-in-charge and the management committee of ELAC in the day-to-day operation of the church;
- Support smooth running of sermons and biblical classes for teenagers and children every Sunday afternoon, such as preparing the duty roster for voluntary workers and presentation materials according to the content provided by the church;
- Provide secretarial support to the management committee of ELAC and prepare meeting notes;
- Provide administrative support to membership registration, election and general meetings;
- Keep record of income and expenditure;
- Maintain and update the website of ELAC according to the content provided by the church;
- Liaise with internal and external parties;
- Handle enquries; and
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- A baptised Christian in full sympathy with the aims and values of the Christian Alliance Churches Union (UK) ((https://www.cacuuk.org)
- School education to A Level or equivalent
- Good command of English, Mandarin and Cantonese
- Good software skills including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and basic social media and website tools.
- Possesses the right of taking up employment in the UK.
- University degree
- Solid working experience in office administration especially in church setting
- Good inter-personal skills
- Team player
Working conditions and remuneration
Employer: Chinese Alliance Churches Union (UK)
Employment period: 6 months initially, subject to extension or conversion into permanent terms afterwards.
Working time: 20 hours per week, including at least 4 hours in the afternoon of every Sunday
Salary: £13 per hour
Working pattern: Flexible working hours subject to operational need during Tuesday to Saturday; Fixed working hours on Sunday
Work location: Tuesday to Saturday (basically work from home but may need to work in the Church at Deptford, London according to operational needs); Sunday (Deptford, London)
Other benefits: subject to the minimum statutory requirement in England and the existing practice for commensurate positions in the Chinese Alliance Churches Union (UK)
Note: (*) East London Alliance Church
For those who are interested please send your relevant CV and personal contact details including name, email account, contact telephone number and address to email@example.com , attention: Reverend Tai Ming PANG
Deadline of application: 31 January 2024
All personal information will be held strictly confidential for the purpose of job interview only.